CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 8, 2013

A Simple Truth

Do you remember how it felt when you first fell in love and you knew that love was reciprocal? You knew you were loved...

The feelings of "love can conquer all" and "I can do anything with you by my side" abound, right?  You felt empowered and special in their eyes.

What about those who have never felt this love?

Oh, friend, do I have something to share with you.... you are missing out if you have never felt this way. So, today I am speaking to the hearts of those who have never felt this way and those of us that have "lost that loving feeling".

I came across an amazing devotion on the Proverbs 31 website the other day and it has begun to completely change my perspective. I asked God to embroider a simple, yet profound truth into my heart.

I am loved...and you know what... You are too! I know simple, right? But look deeper...

For quite some time I thought that the disciples were calling John "the disciple whom Jesus loved" in John 13:23, but I recognize now that John is actually calling himself that. He is acknowledging in that passage that Jesus loves Him. Do you know what that must have felt like for John. What strength and power that must have given him, not a boastful spirit, but one that replaces fear and timidity. God's Word says that He did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power, love and self discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

Isn't it empowering to feel loved? He was confident that Jesus loved him and it had a powerful effect on his life. He approached his life with fearlessness and confidence! Look at these examples:
        • He stood at the foot of the cross to care for Mary while Jesus was being crucified and persecuted, risking that he might end up in much the same position.
        • He was one of the first at the tomb of Jesus to face the Roman soldiers.
        • He preached to those who would listen to the message of the cross, risking imprisonment and persecution.
He was bold and fearless! Why? Because he knew he was loved! John's confidence in that love empowered him. Those of us who believe and are Christians are called his friends, but do you realize that you are in His "inner circle" because of His love for you? The only thing holding you back is you from this truth!!!!

May this truth seep deep into your heart today and remain there all the days of your life.

You are the one Jesus loves!

With that said, He is doing a mighty work in my life and I am embarking on a new adventure. Would you please pray for me? I am committing this adventure to Him, for it is His and He has called me to it. I pray that I would honor Him in everything that I say and do because He loves me.

How about you? What's holding you back from that realization too?

Much Love!
Paige

0 comments:

Post a Comment